Paul used his Interesting Breakfast slot to extol the virtues of PowerPoint. If you think PowerPoint has had its day – think again.
Animations for PPT
Paul started by sharing some of the exciting features found in the latest version of PowerPoint. Features such as Morph Transitions bring a level of movement and transition that was previously the preserve of professional animators.
Using Widescreen in Presentations
People imagine that wide-screen content has to be created in a different programme – Paul showed that in fact PowerPoint is perfect for non-traditional screen formats.
Having stepped through the process for creating wide-screen content using PowerPoint, Paul shared five benefits of going wide:
- Gets the audience closer to the action by opening up more landscape room layouts
- Encourages brain-friendly content with large powerful graphics
- Communicates a modern, tech savvy business
- Provides a more immersive experience
- Allows space for multiple feeds within a single ‘canvas’ – graphics / live camera / live data
As more venues install wide screens, the ability to create affordable, visually stunning, graphics will become vital, and PowerPoint provides the ideal solution.